Jerry Vonau and I accomplished a lot during this last week. For me the high point was getting all the remote administration, client/server stuff stitched together. It was also really rewarding, when the software that we’ve been writing pretty much worked on the XO-1.5, even though it had been tested and developed on the XO-1.75.
When installing on the XO-1.5, we ran into a blocker situation. After the install, everything worked. Then we did a reboot, and neither of the network adapters was configured correctly! The “work around” is to remove the lan USB adapter, during the reboot, and to reinsert it after the XO finishes the reboot. The problem can be fixed. But it may require reworking the kernel, and/or initramrd. Neither Jerry or I had enough experience to tackle the problem during this week.
For additional information see the wiki at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/Install_Recipe