There is a lot of information about the Registration process online. First I’ll try to generate a annotated bibliography.
- Olpc wiki description of the identity manager. There is a description of how to run the idmgr interactively on the server to get more diagnostic info.
- Registration python code that runs on the School Server
- Registration python code that runs on the XO (found at /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/jarabe/desktop/schoolserver.py
- Just found a description of how to undo registration to a school server: To clear out previous school server registrations, from VT edit the file: /home/olpc/.sugar/default/config (in 8.2 or prior; newer XO software builds use gconf for school server settings). Remove the lines that start with [Server], server, and backup1. But it does not describe how to deal with gconf — more research needed.
- Wrapper for the sqlite database containing information about the registered laptops