Eventually, I will link from http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_on_XO to this page
- Go to http://georgejhunt.com/olpc/files and get the “OLPC_School_Server-0.7-xs-on-xo-1.5.img” and md5 files. Check the download by using “md5sum <XS…img>” .
- Change the “.img” suffix to “.gz”, and “gunzip <filename>” in the root directory of an sd card.
- Then execute “cpio -id < “School server unzipped file>
- Reboot the XO.
The XO needs quite a bit of external hardware in order to be a fully capable XS. In the picture at right, starting from lower left, and traveling clockwise, there is:
- 320MByte USB hard disk
- Internet pointed ethernet USB adapter
- School Net directed ethernet USB adapter
- 12V to 6V DC to DC converter to let power the USB devices efficiently from a 12V deep cycle battery
- USB hub to connect all of the USB devices to the XO running XS software